Nassau — One person is dead and another four are in hospital after a helicopter crashed at the Baker’s Bay Golf and Ocean Club around 1:30 p.m.
According to The Abaconian newspaper in Marsh Harbour, the helicopter carrying the five passengers went down in the green space just outside Baker’s Bay’s marina village. The passengers on the helicopter were travelling in a yacht that the aircraft was on, according to the newspaper.
The four survivors were being treated at Marsh Harbour Clinic and were awaiting air transport.
North Abaco MP, Renardo Curry, could not identify any passengers but said he believed the owners were building an upscale home in the community. Captain Patrick Rolle of the Civil Aviation Department said they are investigating the crash and it is too soon to say what caused it. (Nassau Guardian)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App