Each year, from November 25 to December 10, women’s organisations, advocates and activists around the world join together for the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign. This campaign links the International Day Against Violence Against Women on November 25 with International Human Rights Day on December 10.
This year the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts is asking members across the world to take action to “create safe spaces”. As part of the Stop the Violence – Speak out for girls’ rights campaign, we want members to identify a space and make it free from violence and the fear of violence.
WAGGGS invites everyone to take action during the 16 Days. WAGGGS has created resources that you can use to help create your safe space during 16 Days.
Action Sheet – The16 Days action sheet outlines the two key steps you need to create safe spaces.
Flyer – this 16 Days flyer details all the exciting activities you can take part in during 16 Days
Press Release – you can use this template to tell the media and others about your safe space activities
WAGGGS has set a target to make over 2,000 girls feel safer in their communities.
The Girl Guides Association of Barbados invites you to take part in the Safe Spaces campaign and help make girls in your community feel safer.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your ideas and projects.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App