KHULNA -†West Indies middle order batsman Kieron Pollard says the atmosphere in the team camp has been fantastic. Pollard, who was recently appointed as the vice captain of the side, is very pleased with the recent achievements of the West Indies.
“Since making my entry into the West Indies team, this period has been the best not only in terms of results on the field but also off the field as well,” said Pollard. “The players are playing for each other, the mood is great and we have a bunch of guys who are happy to be representing the people of the Caribbean,” he added. West Indies have experienced a terrific period of cricketing success over the past few months, winning their Test series at home against New Zealand 2-0, as well as their T20 series and 50-overs series as well.
The side recently completed a sweep of Bangladesh in their Test series, 2-0, and will now move on to the limited overs tournament, and the lone T20 clash.
“I am very excited to be in this role, supporting the captain Darren Sammy,” he said.
“He has done a great job in motivating the players and getting them to play for him and I am looking to support him 100 per cent, in order to make sure we continue to get good results.”
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App