On Friday Barbadians will celebrate the island’s 46 anniversary of Independence from Britain in grand style.
But amidst all the signs of progress there remain some poignant symbols of a chequered past that included the long period of slavery.
We’ve certainly come a long way since our landscape was dotted with slave huts like those pictured here; and the bicycle has long passed as the main mode of transportation for many.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App