Forty-six years ago then Sergeant Hartley Dottin, had the esteem privilege of raising the Barbados flag for the first time upon the attainment of Independence on November 30.
This morning he returned to his alma mater, Harrison College, on Crumpton Street in the City to be honoured in a salute. The father of four then inspected the guard of honour.
During his years at HC, he was a member of the debating club, a founding member of the photographic society, a member of the science club. He represented the school in football and basketball and was captain of the Intermediate Cricket Team.
Major Dottin joined the school’s Cadet Corps and was promoted through the ranks, attaining the highest rank of Cadet Under Officer. (KC)
- Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App