Inter-parish rivalry for cricket supremacy returns to the 3Ws Oval next month when the sixth edition of the annual University of the West Indies’ C O Williams-sponsored Inter parish 20/20 tournament bowls off Monday night at the Cave Hill campus.
Twelve teams representing each parish and a UWI-based team will be vying for a $4, 000 first prize. The runners-up take home a $1 500 second prize and the losing semi-finalists each get $1, 000.
The 15-match tournament runs from December 3 to 29 with all matches starting at 7 p.m. at the 3Ws Oval. Admission to all games is free except the semi-finals and finals where adult patrons are asked to pay five dollars for admission while children will be admitted free.
Monday’s game will see a match-up between St. Peter Voyagers, the winners of the inaugural tournament in 2007 and St. George Pioneers.
Other winners of the competition include the UWI Blackbirds in 2008; the St. Lucy Pirates in 2009; Christ Church Dolphins in 2010 and St. James Settlers last year.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App