When granny says she worked hard so you could have a better life, don’t doubt her for one minute.
For as Barbadians celebrate Independence tomorrow, many from the older generations will remember those pre-1966 days when a day’s work was true hard work.
These women who bent their backs to the “broiling sun” each day understood “hard work”.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App