Students at St. George Primary School celebrated Barbados’ 46th anniversary of Independence last Thursday with a visit from some familiar characters.
Mother Sallys and stilt men wow the youngsters with their antics and teachers got in the do as they showcased Bajan culture.
Most of the students who wore T-shirts in the national colours to the fun day, also applauded the entertainment provided by their peers and particularly the NIFCA award winning act by the Class 4 students, titled Tribute to Jeanette Layne Clark. (DS)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App