Persistent showers played havoc with four keenly anticipated semi-finals in two different sporting disciplines today, forcing their rescheduling to tomorrow.
The Guardian General-sponsored National Sports Council’s Herman Griffith Primary Schools Cricket games between Bayley’s and Eden Lodge at Friendship, St Michael, and Wesley Hall against Milton Lynch at Bayley’s, St. Philip both started but due to rain will re-start tomorrow at the same locations. Those games are slated to begin at 10 a.m.
And in the United Insurance-sponsored National Sports Council’s Division 1 Senior Schools Basketball Tournament, the four teams will have to return to Clapham, St. Michael to bounce off their semi-final clashes.
Harrison College will take on Barbados Community College at 3.30 p.m., while Combermere will lock horns with the Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic at 4.45 p.m.†††
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App