The winner of the 2013 Banks Calendar Girl title is 19-year-old Shakela Bellamy, a full-time student at the University of the West Indies who aspires to become an accountant.
Crowd favourites Regina Ramjit, who won People’s Choice, and Neisha Cave, Miss Congeniality proved to be Bellamy’s closest rivals for the title from among the eight beautiful young women who had advanced to the finals competition last night at the Oistins Bay Gardens.
It was an entertaining evening, and the crowd which swelled in numbers even larger than the recent semi-final had attracted, enjoyed the action from beginning to end, urged on by MCs DJ Ras and DJ Indian.
In addition to carrying the coveted title of 2013 Bank’s Calendar Girl, Bellamy will represent Banks under a year-long contract worth $10,000.
First runner up, 18-year-old Ramjit also a full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry at the UWI, was a crowd favourite and pocketed $1,000 as winner of the People’s Choice title.
Second runner-up, Cave, 22, another student of the UWI, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in economics and accounting, took home $500 for the title of Miss Congeniality.
Other contestants in last night’s show Deanne Campbell, Simona Joseph, Sheldine Mapp, Shawntelle Marshall and Nakita Ollivierre.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App