Two police officers have been charged with indecent assault and burglary.
They are 27 year old constables Anthony Ricardo Straker of South District, in St. George and 33 year old Donavan Nekenge Price of Enterprise, Christ Church.
Both men appeared in the District “A” Magistrate’s Court today on their respective charges and were each released on $30,000 bail, with one surety, but must be back in court on February 22, next year.
Price is facing one count of burglary and three of indecent assault, while Straker is charged with one count of burglary and one of indecent assault.
Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector David Welch, said these charges stemmed from reports made by four women, who alleged that they were assaulted by two police officers last Friday. (EJ)
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App