Two years will be stolen from a 51-year-old serial thief.
Ricardo Cortez Browne, of Middle Road, St. Barnabas Heights, St. Michael appeared in the District “A” Magistrate’s Court today and pleaded guilty to 18 counts of theft of money.
As a result, Browne was sentenced to two years at Her Majesty’s Prison at Dodds in St. Philip.
The court heard that he approached people, especially at businesses, purporting to deliver parcels for persons and requesting payment. When the cash was presented, the thief would accept it and leave, claiming he would return with the change. The court was told that Browne never did. (EJ)†
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App