As part of the ongoing effort of Democratic Labour Party candidate Senator Harry Husbands “to keep St. James North safe and clean and to avoid the risk of flooding that has been the norm in this constituency and in particular in the area of Weston”, a major canal cleaning exercise was recently undertaken.
The exercise was a follow up to a similar undertaking a few months ago when the “waterway received extensive attention and a major clean up”. The exercise was undertaken by a crew the Drainage Division of the Ministry of The Environment Drainage Resources, with assistance from the Ministry of Transport and Works.
“The area is once again very clean and tidy and all rubbish and obstacles to the free flow for the drainage of the area have now been removed,” Husbands reported.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App