With two days to go before the official start of the winter tourist season, most hotels in Barbados are reporting reasonable bookings.
Hotels are expected to enjoy near full occupancy, particularly for the Christmas and end of year period.
Officials say some visitors were booking close to the date of arrivals. However, even as properties were predicting an active winter season, the beaches around some hotels did not reflect that.
Nevertheless, some of those tourists who had already arrived were seen patronising local arts and craft vendors at various spots on the popular south coast.
When a Barbados TODAY team stopped at some of the popular beaches the visitors were soaking up the sunshine, or enjoying the calm waters. (EJ)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App