Rape accused Derek Crawford is free.
His freedom came today after the two women he was accused of raping offered no evidence in the case causing it to be dismissed, said Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector David Welch.
Both Crawford and the two British women had maintained his innocence in the matter.
Additionally, Welch noted that the two constables, 27-year-old Anthony Ricardo Straker of South District, in St. George and 33-year-old Donavan Nekenge Price of Enterprise, Christ Church appeared in the District A Court today.
The two are charged with four counts of wilful misconduct in public office in a case where four women are alleging that the men assaulted them last Friday.
Police said that Price is also facing an additional charge of criminal damage. They are scheduled to return to court on February 22, 2013.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App