Christmas is a time for cheerful giving, especially to children like the students of the Eagle Hall Primary Special Unit who topped off a shopping tour of Sheraton Mall on December 4 with a jolly and delicious “So Good” lunch at KFC.
Over 20 delighted children packed the store and expressed their approval as KFC laid on a scrumptious lunch that served as the icing on the cake following an enjoyable time in the mall. The children were chaperoned by four of their teachers and one parent volunteer.
Acting Senior Teacher in charge of the unit, Wilma McClean, said the trip had been planned as more than just a Christmas treat for the children.
“We’ve been shopping in the mall not just as a treat for the children, but it is also educational to teach them about budgeting and to give them some real world experience in shopping,” McClean said.
KFC’s Marketing Coordinator, Shekelia Barrow, said the restaurant was more than happy to welcome the children and their teachers for lunch.
“Christmas is indeed a time for sharing and showing love and appreciation,” Barrow explained.
“It’s also a time when people love to eat well, and we count it a privilege to have been able to share the KFC So Good experience with the children and teachers of the Eagle Hall Primary Special Unit.”
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App