The Pakistan Cricket Board is putting a possible Test series against India in August next year ahead of any commitments to the West Indies Cricket Board
The PCB has expressed its inability to accommodate a request from the West Indies Cricket Board to reschedule the Pakistan’s team upcoming tour to the Caribbean.
A source in the cricket board has reportedly told Karachi media that Pakistan, according to the Future Tours Programme calendar, was scheduled to tour West Indies in July for a Test and One-Day International series.
“The West Indies board, without informing the PCB, has now invited India and Sri Lanka for a limited overs series in July and wants the Pakistan team to tour in August,” the source said.
“Since the PCB is pretty hopeful of convincing the BCCI to slot in a bilateral series in August, it is unable to accept the change in dates to their tour to West Indies in July. Even in the FTP, the ICC and the Pakistan and Indian boards have kept the August month open in the hope
that in case of improved relations they can schedule a series at that time,” the source added.
The source said the PCB, after receiving a request from the WICB, found itself in an awkward position since the Caribbean board wanted to reschedule the series by at least two to three weeks.
“The PCB is also miffed because instead of having a one-day series involving Pakistan, the WICB decided to invite India and Sri Lanka.”Efforts to reach officials of the WICB today were unsuccessful.††
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App