An activist hurls stones at anti-riot policemen guarding the Tucuman provincial house in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Wednesday.
Several people were reportedly injured and others were arrested during a protest over the ruling in the Maria de los Angeles Veron case.
Thirteen suspects were acquitted in a trial which took place in Tucuman province, investigating the disappearance of Veron, who disappeared from her hometown at the age of 23 and evidence from the investigation of her disappearance suggests she was kidnapped and forced into prostitution.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App