‘Twas the day before the Christmas vacation and at The St. Michael School the students were treated to the annual carol service.
Held at the school in Martindale’s Road, the students showed off a range of talents.
The NIFCA Award winning choir showed their peers and teachers why they were among the awardees when they sang Shine on Us and the Angels We Have Heard on High.
Gema Springer played the recorder, Nathan Lovell the keyboard, while Mishael Haynes sang Mary Did You Know. Markita Reece read Isaiah Chapter 11 verses 1 to 9, Kristopher Reid read Isaiah Chapter 40 verses 1 to 11, and Matthew St. Bernard read St. Luke 1: 26-38.
The children also sang a number of Christmas hymns while former student Pastor Gregney Holder of the River Road New Testament Church spoke to them.
Principal Shelton Perkins said the service was their way of closing the term with a celebration of Christmas.
Guest artist was Ki’ann Brown, who won the inaugural BAPPSS’ Inter-school Choir Competition.
Perkins said the service was also an opportunity for the students to not only do a carol-type singing, but also to show off their talents during the event that lasted just under two hours. (DS)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App