A 35-year-old Kittitian has been remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison at Dodds, on charges of bringing arms and ammunition into Barbados.
Malachi Maliki Haile Mugabe was held at the Grantley Adams International Airport, after he arrived here from Trinidad yesterday morning.
Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector David Welch, said Mugabe’s luggage was scanned by customs officers and the contraband discovered in a false bottom.
The visitor appeared in the District “B” Magistrate’s Court today and was remanded until January 14 next year. He is facing four charges, including illegal possession of a firearm, illegal possession of 59 rounds of ammunition and importation of ammunition without a valid licence. (EJ)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App