Thousands were at Kensington Oval last night for the final of the David Thompson Memorial Constituency Councils Football Classic.
Contenders for the winners’ trophy and the tidy sum of $30, 000 were Christ Church West Central and The City of Bridgetown. And before their cheering fans that included Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, City MP Patrick Todd and his Christ Church West Central colleague, Stephen Lashley, both teams played their hearts out right up to the final seconds when The City snatched a last gasp victory to retain the crown which they also won last year.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App