The new year will be very bright for some Barbadians.
Minister of Housing and Lands Michael Lashey told Barbados TODAY this afternoon, that the $20 million six-storey urban high rise housing units at Valerie in Collymore Rock will be handed over “very early in January”.
He said that the buildings were completed, elevators were in place and what was being done now was the electricity was being installed.
There are 72 units wirh about six single units for the disabled.
“I have not toured officially but I’ve done my own tour and I’m satisfied with what I have seen. This is the first high rise being done by the NHC and Government,” Lashley said.
The houses are a combination of rentals and rent to own.
The project was started last year. (DS)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App