Stock report for December 10 to 14.
The CSX 30 extended its gains from last week, while investors in Junior Market shares saw the losses extended for yet another week.
For the week, 34,777,033 shares valued at $8,751,633 crossed the floors of the six stock exchanges across Caricom, with 36 stocks advancing, 40 declining and 49 remaining unchanged.
Mayberry Investments was the volume leader with 15,361,403 shares being traded. Mayberry also posted the largest gain for the week (25.43%), while on the losing end, Lime Jamaica Industries fell 13.47% per cent.
For the week, 17 of the CSX 30 stocks advanced, eight declined and five were unchanged. The CSX 30 gained 12.07 points to close the week at 1,401.30, up 6.56 per cent year to date.
In the CSX 30 there were gains for Mayberry (25.43%), Scotia Group Jamaica (8.85%), NCB Jamaica (7.50%), Grace Kennedy (3.45%) and Banks DIH (1.52%). On the losing end, Lime Jamaica fell (13.47%) and Carreras (1.00%).
The Junior Market continued its terrible run of losses with five stocks advancing and seven declining. The CJSX lost 27.17 points to close the week at 1,446.60, down 20.38 per cent for the year. There were gains for AMG Packaging (13.68%) and Caribbean Producers (4.58%). However, there were losses for Lasco Manufacturing (8.64%), Lasco Financial (5.19%) and General Accident (4.56%). Please click flashing graphic for full report.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App