by Hallam Hope
For the first time the defending champions in both categories are returning for the finals of Community Dance Fest, which will be held this year, also for the first time, at Kensington Oval on New Year’s Day.
Going through to the finals are four children’s groups, including reigning winners Praise Academy of Dance – Promise and 11 in the adults section with Xtra Hype, who will be trying for a record of three wins.
Organised and financed primarily by the Community Development Department since inception in 2006, Community Dance Fest brings together the cream of dance talent across the country. The finals start at 6 p.m.
The adult groups advancing to the finals are Reactive Squad, Demolition Squad, I-Tech, Praise Academy of Dance – New Era, Elevaxion, New Motion Dancers, Element, Influential Dancerz, Blue-Tooth Breakers, ADL Adrenalin and Xtra Hype.
In the children’s category the finalists are Praise Academy of Dance – Promise, Praise Academy of Dance – Destiny, Lawrence T Gay Primary school and St. George Primary School.
The finalists were announced following judging at four venues in the Zone finals. Organisers said dance groups are hard at practice for the finals, where prize money for the winners has been doubled to $5,000 in the adults category and $2,000 for the children.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App