Sagicor Life Inc and its staff are working together to give hope to persons living with HIV and AIDS. Together, the organisation and its employees will adopt a shelf at the National HIV/AIDS Food Bank and provide food items on an ongoing basis.
The initiative was conceived by the members of “Feeding the Family”, a committee of staff members who are working together to sensitise their colleagues about the effects of HIV and AIDS and the needs of persons living with the disease.
Members of “Feeding the Family”, led by Chairperson Jeannie McCaskie, recently paid a visit to the Food Bank to make a much-needed donation of food items.
Food Bank Manager Stacia Whittaker said: “The Ministry of Health, HIV and AIDS Food Bank are thankful to Sagicor Life for their continuous support to persons living with HIV. Donations such as this go towards making a significant difference in the lives of our 325 food bank recipients.”
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App