The Radio Operated Auto Racers recently concluded their final season of racing for 2012 and, as a result, Seymour Taxi Byer was declared the season three champion in the 1:10 On Road Class with his Mugen MTX 4R.
Byer managed to amass a total of 72 points to win the championship easily from Nigel Thomas who finished in second place with 57 points using similar machinery. Corey Birkett with his Team Xray N 1 filled the final podium spot with 46 points.
In the 1:8 Off Road “Open” Class, Andrew Scooby Smith in his Mustor’s Wholesale Team Xray XB 9, won this class with a total of 54 points while Nicholas Harrison in his Mugen MBX 6R captured second position with 50 points and Richard Gamble with his Team Xray XB 808 rounded out the top three with 42 points.†Robin Mustor however made a complete sweep of all three seasons in the 1:8 Off Road “Modified” Class.
In addition to also winning the 2012 national championships, Mustor also added the prestigious Driver of the Year trophy to his collection as well.
Mustor, in his Mustor’s Wholesale Team Xray XB 10, completed season three with a commanding total of 115 points, while Scott Foster in his Hot Bodies D8 placed second with 81 points and Chris Wadman in his Wadman Brothers Kyosho MP9 secured third place with 78 points.
With drivers expected to make major changes to their equipment, it is expected that the 2013 season which is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. on January 20, will probably be the most exciting in recent years.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App