At last a voice of reason! I agree so much with the writer of your article under the headline Speak up boss cop. I am one of the complainants who was denied the opportunity to identify the so called accused, Derick Crawford, despite writing several times to Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin asking him to send me a photo. He repeatedly refused me this basic request.
Then when I was sent a photo by Rachel Turner, the other complainant, I knew immediately that they had charged the wrong man. I wrote again to Dottin and to Director of Public Prosecutions Charles Leacock but my letters went unanswered. So I wrote a second time only to get a cursory reply saying they would deal with this when we could.
The case proceeded and we realised that the only way to make these people listen was to actually pay for the defence of Derick Crawford, which we have now done. It transpired that the police had no evidence on which to base their prosecution.
Commissioner Dottin needs to answer for what I consider a gross miscarriage of justice. He needs to apologise to me and Dr. Turner for ignoring us and he needs to rouse his forces to get out and find the right man!
— Diane Davies
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App