Last Tuesday, the Hindsbury Primary School Alpha JOOI Club delivered 21 gifts containing toys and books for children of the QEH Pediatric Ward.
The members of the Junior Optimist Octagon International Club, raised monies through the sale of cupcakes to obtain the items donated. The project was an effort by the students to spread a bit of Christmas cheer to children confined to the ward.
Club President Tia Hinds, along with club members, teachers Rosamund Payne-Harewood and Orlaine Benn, and Yvette Berry, a representative of the parent club The Optimist Club of Barbados South, presented the gifts to Sister Esther Nelson of the Pediatric Ward on behalf of the children. Nelson expressed sincere thanks and appreciation to the club members for the wonderful gifts.
The Hindsbury Primary School Alpha JOOI Club is an arm of the Optimist Club of Barbados South. By providing hope and positive vision, Optimists bring out the best in children.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App