BLAIR COUNTY, Pennsylvania — Emergency officials are on the scene of a deadly shooting in Frankstown Township, in Blair County.
Right now, sources tell KDKA-TV that four people are dead, and three Pennsylvania State Troopers were also hurt, but are expected to be okay.
Sources say at least part of the shooting took place at the Juniata Valley Gospel Church.
Troopers responded to a 9-1-1 shots fired call about 9 a.m. Additional 9-1-1 calls reported an armed man shooting at additional locations.
According to sources, two troopers were fired at by the driver of a pickup truck on Juniata Valley Road and a third officer was injured in a head-on crash with the pickup.
Sources say the suspect was Jeffrey Lee Michael of Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania.
Michael exited the truck and immediately shot at troopers. Troopers returned fire, killing Michael.
One trooper was hit by two bullets, one in the chest area, which hit his body armour. A second bullet hit the trooper in the wrist. A second trooper was injured from shattered glass, and shrapnel to the face from the gunfire. A third trooper was injured in the motor vehicle crash.
No word on the three people Michael’s allegedly killed before firing at troopers.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App