Once again the employees of Signia Financial have demonstrated their generosity and community spirit by making this Christmas special for families affected by HIV, with a generous donation to the Barbados HIV Foundation.
On December 16, Chad Scantlebury, Internal Control Assistant at Signia made the presentation of a barrel of much needed food and supplies along with Christmas gifts for the children. The barrel was appropriately titled “Love, Kindness & Affection — Pass it on”. The presentation was made to Stacia Whittaker, Food Bank Manger of the HIV Foundation.
Although significant advances have been made in the fight against HIV/AIDS, it still poses a threat to many families in Barbados and some of the most deeply affected are the children in our society.
Speaking on behalf of his staff, CEO Paul Ashby stated: “Many of these families face economic challenges in addition to their medical concerns and we welcome the opportunity to bring further awareness to HIV/AIDS and encourage others to give generously this holiday season.”
Parties willing to make donations to the food bank can contact Stacia Whittaker at 467-9440.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App