Darren Beazley, former general manager of business development with the Western Australia Cricket Association, has been confirmed as the new chief executive of the USA Cricket Association. He will take up the post in February and will be based in Florida.
Tim Anderson, the ICC’s global development manager, and a member of the sub-committee tasked with finding a suitable candidate, expressed hopes that Beazley would be able to bring a greater sense of professionalism to cricket in the United States and satisfy ICC ambitions for growth in the region.
USACA has not had someone working in the position full-time since Don Lockerbie was dismissed in November 2010, although Nabeel Ahmed, a former vice president, has acted as interim CEO since April. (Cricinfo)††
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App