The body of a 76-year-old Finnish visitor was pulled from the water at Browne’s Beach, St. Michael earlier today.
Police Public Relations Officer Inspector David Welch said Sirkka-Liisa Juusela’s body was seen floating by passengers and crew aboard a catamaran sometime around midday today.
They pulled the body aboard and performed CPR without success, he said.
Juusela arrived in Barbados today accompanied by her husband Jukka Juusela on board a cruise ship which travelled from St. Vincent. They went to the beach around 10 this morning among a group from the ship.
Investigations are continuing. (DS)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App