A nearby grass fire forced the early closure of classes today at Lester Vaughan School.
For the third straight year, smoke engulfed the classrooms and the compound of the Cane Garden, St. Thomas. Ambulances were summoned to the school to tend to those who were asthmatic.
While that fire flared up again in the afternoon, another crew had to rush to Lower Estate to battle a large grass fire.
One tender with six men tackled that blaze that billowed thick black smoke, cause motorists to drive with extra caution. (DS)
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App