MIAMI — A Florida man was missing today after a sinkhole suddenly opened up beneath the bedroom of his suburban Tampa home, police officials said.
Rescuers responded to a 911 call late yesterday and rescued a brother of the man from the edge of the sinkhole as it spread under the house, said Lieutenant Donald Morris of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
Four other adults and a child were in the house at the time and managed to escape.
Authorities have not been able to contact the missing man in the sinkhole, which officials believe to be about 100 feet across. (Reuters)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App