African vibes pervaded the Westbury Primary School all day Friday.
Throughout the school, the celebration of the continent could be seen in various displays depicting famous black people, the colourful array of African dress worn by the boys and girls and the smell of pudding and souse.
During the day, some students were also treated to a tutorial in tying dresses and head scarves by Angela Lady Warde. A dance group also treated schoolmates to a special dance prepared for today. (LW)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App