Special Olympics Barbados’ annual national games got underway on Friday with plenty of exciting athletics action at the Carlton Cricket Ground in Black Rock, St Michael.
Athletes ranging in ages from five to adult participated in numerous races from the 25 to 400 metres, as well as the popular softball throw. The athletes gave maximum effort as they attempted to qualify for the Special Olympics Barbados National Games Track and Field Finals which come off on March 22.
The Finals had originally been set for March 8 but have since been rescheduled.
This coming Sunday the athletes will be involved in a Bocce tournament at the Wildey, St. Michael Astro-turf and the†following day, March 11, they take to the water in the Special Olympics Barbados National Games Aquatics Meet at the Aquatic Center in Wildey.
Barbados TODAY brings a pictorial recap of some of last Friday’s exciting action at Carlton.††
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App