NASSAU — Police said they‚found more than $1 million worth of marijuana in two separate incidents recently.
Seven men were arrested.
This came days after $2.8 million worth of cocaine was found hidden in two Haitian sloops in waters off Inagua.
In those cases, 11 men were arrested.
The first incident on Friday happened around 3:30 p.m. at a residence on Eleuthera Close, off Market Street, police said.
Officers of the Drug Enforcement Unit executed a search warrant on the residence where they found 42 pounds of marijuana with an estimated street value of $42,000.
A 50-year-old man was arrested.
The second incident happened around 9 p.m. when police executed another search warrant at a home on John Street, off Market Street.
Police said they found 33 bales of marijuana worth more than $1 million.
Six men were arrested — five Bahamians and one Jamaican. (Nassau Guardian)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App