by Tonia Husbands
Leh Go was the order of the evening when artistes from Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago graced the stage at the Soca Explosion on Saturday night. Some of the best artistes from Trinidad and Barbados had the large crowd rocking from its just after 9 p.m. start.
Patrons were treated to hit after hit from the Barbdos contingent which included krosfyah, featuring Edwin Yearwood and Khiomal, Soca Kartel featuring Mikey and Blood along with Grynner, Red Plastic Bag, Biggie Irie, Alison Hinds, Peter Ram and Rupee.
But the night belonged to Blaxx from Trinidad backed by Roy Cape and All Stars Band who from the time he hit the stage singing hits like Leh Go and Get Away had the crowd in a frenzy.
Iwer George brought back some old tunes like Do the Iwer which showed that he has a loyal Barbadian fan base. He even gave a lucky fan the opportunity to sing one his songs. Denise Belfon the only female Trinidadian act of the night had the crowd going crazy with her 2013 hit Wining Queen along with her other hits like Saucy Baby. Many were amazed by the way she moved for a woman of size. Just before 3 a.m. reigning Road March and Power Soca Champion Superblue hit the stage who many anxiously waited to see. Singing his 2013 hit Fantastic Friday the audience jumped and waved to a typical Super Blue performance. His performance proved that he is still a force to be reckoned with.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App