Much attention will be focused on Jamaican and West Indies middle-order batsman Marlon Samuels when he takes to the field at the Desmond Haynes Oval on Thursday for a three-day match between Zimbabwe and the Sagicor West Indies High Performance Centre squad.
The contest will involve a minimum of 90 overs per day and both teams will be allowed to use 13-players-per-side with 11 allowed to bat. First ball is at 10 a.m.
Samuels, who once fit, is a certainty to play in the Test series, against Zimbabwe, will be playing his first game since receiving a serious eye injury when struck by Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga while playing for Melbourne Renagades in the Australian Big Bash in January.
Fast bowler Kemar Roach is also to suit up for the High Performance team.
Both Samuels and Roach are listed in the Top 20 of the International Cricket Council’s Test rankings.
Roach, the 24-year-old new ball bowler, is at Number 12 in the bowling while Samuels is at Number 18 in the batting.
Zimbabwe will use the match as a warm-up for the upcoming two-Test Series that starts in Barbados.
SQUAD: Kyle Hope (Captain), Jermaine Blackwood, Yannick Carriah, Sheldon Cotterell, Miguel Cummins, Jason Dawes, Andre Fletcher (wicket-keeper), Trevon Griffith, Jahmar Hamilton (wicket-keeper), Keddy Lesporis, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels, Jomel Warrican.††
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App