DELHI – With less than a month to go for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League, the nine franchises today announced their registered squads for the cash-rich event, starting April 3 in Kolkata with 14 West Indians, the most ever, contracted to take part in the tournament.
After procuring players at the IPL Player Auction, through transfers and signing local and uncapped players, the teams have submitted the core groups that will represent them in the 2013 season.
“There are less than four weeks left for the start of the Pepsi IPL 2013. This period will witness a lot of practice and the planning of strategies by the teams, as they prepare to go all out to win. The stage is set for an extraordinary tournament,” IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla said after accepting the teams’ registered squads.
The West Indies registered to take part in the tournament are: Dwayne Bravo, Jason Holder (Chennai Super Kings); Andre Russell (Delhi Daredevils); Sunil Narine (Kolkata Knight Riders); Dwayne Smith, Kieron Pollard (Mumbai Indians); Marlon Samuels (Pune Warriors); Fidel Edwards, Kevon Cooper, Samuel Badree (Rajasthan Royals);Chris Gayle, Chris Barnwell, Ravi Rampaul (Royal Challengers Bangalore), Darren Summy (Sunrisers Hyderabad).†
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App