Former President of the Senate, Cabinet minister and diplomat, the late Sir Branford Taitt, will be accorded an official funeral this Saturday, March 9.
The service of thanksgiving will take place at the Garfield Sobers Complex, Wildey, St. Michael, beginning at 10 a.m., and will be followed by the interment at the St. Leonard’s Anglican Church. The service is open to members of the public.
Meanwhile, persons will have the opportunity to pay their respects and sign condolence books prior to Saturday’s official funeral service at three locations. Tomorrow, March 8 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., persons may visit the George Street Auditorium to view the body; or between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. at the St. Leonard’s Anglican Church, Richmond Gap, St. Michael.
Sir Branford passed away on February 15.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App