Defending champions Deighton Griffith Old Scholars and former winners Norman/Roy Marshall Brothers Lodge Road both romped into the semi-finals of the fifth annual Christ Church Foundation School Joel Garner Twenty20 tapeball tournament at Dover on Friday night.
In the first quarter-final, Deighton Griffith defeated Foundation B Old Scholars by 51 runs while Lodge Road, who won the title in 2010, beat last year’s runners-up St. Leonard’s Old Scholars by 23 runs.
The other quarter-final matches are:
Tonight: Livy Hoyte Foundation School v Foundation A Old Scholars at Briar Hall at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, March 13: Combermere Old Scholars v Alleyne Alumni at Dover at 7 p.m.
Summarised scores of Friday’s matches:
Deighton Griffith Old Scholars beat Foundation B Old Scholars by 51 runs.
Deighton Griffith Old Scholars 188-4 (20 overs) (Derick Bishop 82 not out – 6 sixes, 4 fours; Ashley Nurse 30, Martin Nurse 25; Darren Alleyne 2-27).
Foundation B Old Scholars 137 all out (19.5 overs) (Rico Webb 48, Rasheed Edwin 22; Marlon Franklyn 4-21, Ashley Nurse 2-17, Stephen Byer 2-44).
Norman/Roy Marshall Brothers Lodge Road beat St. Leonard’s Old Scholars by 23 runs.
Lodge Road 129-6 (20 overs) (Vonrick Nurse 57 – 7 fours, 2 sixes; Kelvin Patterson 38, Gadaffi Cummins 13 not out; Jarvis Forde 3-12, Ryan Clarke 2-17).
St. Leonard’s Old Scholars 106-9 (20 overs) (Jamel Harewood 27, Rashidi Boucher 21, Jarvis Forde 20 not out; Gadaffi Cummins (5-17).
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App