KINGSTON — The body of Kenville Mullings — the 33-year-old farmer who slaughtered his two young daughters before committing suicide in Woodgrove late last month – is to be exhumed.
A source said yesterday that Mullings’ body, which was buried on Sunday, will be exhumed to facilitate police investigation into allegations that his brother fired shots into the air and into the casket at the graveside at the family plot in Woodgrove.
The police, however, could not confirm the exhumation.
Meanwhile, the police were up to last night still trying to find the firearm reportedly used by the brother of the deceased, who was arrested following the shooting incident at the graveside on Sunday.
In the meantime, as a part of the investigation, the police yesterday swabbed the hands of the detained man who was also questioned by detectives.
A man, who claimed that he was a witness, told the Observer on Sunday that “all hell broke loose” when the accused man – apparently overcome with grief – pulled a firearm from his waistband and began firing into the air first, then at the casket with the body of his brother.
Frightened mourners, the eyewitness said, ran from the graveside when they heard the gunshots.
An enraged Mullings cut the throats of his two daughters – Kimocoya, four, and two-year-old Kalee before hanging himself in the wee hours of February 26.
Mullings was apparently angered by the separation from the children’s mother, Kelly-Ann Smith, with whom he had a seven-year relationship. Smith had just a week before the bizarre incident moved out of the family home in Woodgrove, with the two girls, and had gone to live with her mother in Coleyville, Manchester.
According to witnesses, Kimocoya was found with her throat slashed, lying in a pool of blood on the floor, while K-alee was discovered in the yard, covered with a jacket just outside a building which was used as a bathroom. Mullings was minutes after found hanging from the roof of his house. (Observer)