Foundation A Old Scholars won the quarter-final battle of ‘Foundationers’ with a nine-run victory over Livy Hoyte Foundation School in the fifth annual Christ Church Foundation Joel Garner Twenty20 tapeball tournament at Briar Hall, Christ Church last night.
Led by knocks of 30 from Shane Browne and Amory Holder’s cameo 27, which included two sixes and two fours, Foundation A scored 127 for five off 20 overs after winning the toss.
The schoolboys then slumped to 30 for five by the sixth over before rallying to 118 for nine.
National Under-19 team wicket-keeper/batsman Carlos Maynard topscored with 39.
Lively fast bowler Jade Padmore took four for 18, his new ball partner Damien Farley, three for 18 and left-arm pacer Michael Holder, two for eight.
Foundation A now join title holders Deighton Griffith Old Scholars and 2010 champions Norman/Roy Marshall Brothers Lodge Road in the semi-finals at Church Hill on Friday, March 15.
The last quarter-final brings together Combermere Old Scholars and Alleyne Alumni tomorrow at Dover, Christ Church starting at 7 p.m. Summarised scores: Foundation A Old Scholars beat Livy Hoyte Foundation School by nine runs. Foundation A Old Scholars 127-5 (20 overs) (Shane Browne 30, Amory Holder 27, Dwight Carter 20, Renaldo Arthur 17; Aaron Jones 2-32). Foundation 118-9 (20 overs) (Carlos Maynard 39, Jerome Jones 17, Jofra Archer 11; Jade Padmore 4-18, Damien Farley 3-18, Michael Holder 2-8). Toss: Foundation A Old Scholars.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App