It was just around 11:45 a.m. today when the drivers of four trucks escaped serious injury after the vehicles they were driving were involved in an accident on Mapp Hill, St. Michael.
One truck owned by C O Williams Construction Ltd and driven by Whitfield Bolden of Wotton Terrace, Christ Church, crashed into a house owned by 76 year old Etherline Nurse, and overturned, spilling a load of sand on the busy Mapp Hill road.
Nurse, who at the time of the accident was sitting in her veranda, ran into her living room and fell. She was later taken to a private doctor where she was treated and discharged.
The second truck, involved in the accident, was driven by Richard Hunte, of Foul Bay, St. Philip. Ivan Burke, also of Foul Bay was the driver of the third truck and he sustained minor injuries to his body.
The driver of the fourth truck was Andrarda Holllingsworth of Dunscombe, St. Thomas.
The road was impassable to vehicular traffic for just over three hours while workmen removed the load of sand that had spilled onto the road and heavy duty equipment removed the overturned truck.†(NC)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App