NEW YORK — A 10-month-old baby in the arms of his mother survived a fall yesterday from a New York apartment building, but the woman died in what may have been a suicide, police said.
New York station WABC-TV reported that mother and baby fell eight stories.
Police found the woman dead on the sidewalk when they arrived, said New York police spokeswoman Detective Kelly Ort.
The baby was transported to Harlem Hospital Centre where he was listed in critical but stable condition, Ort said.
Police did not immediately release the identity of the woman.
Investigators were seeking to determine if the woman leapt from the building in a suicide. A note was found inside her apartment, New York police spokesman Sergeant John Buthorn said. (Reuters)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App