TEXAS – Tim Duncan had 28 points and 19 rebounds and San Antonio escaped with a 92-91 victory over Dallas when Vince Carter’s 3-point attempt bounced off the rim at the buzzer last night at the AT&T Centre.
The Spurs clinched a playoff spot for the 16th straight season, the longest active streak in the NBA. San Antonio also reached 50 wins for the 14th straight season, the longest streak in NBA history.
Dirk Nowitzki had 21 points and 11 rebounds for Dallas, which had a four-game winning streak snapped.
In Portland Damian Lillard had 26 points and 10 assists to lead the Trail Blazers to a 105-90 victory over the New York Knicks, outplaying New York point guard Raymond Felton in his return to Portland.
LaMarcus Aldridge had 22 points and 10 rebounds and Nicolas Batum added 18 points for Portland, where Felton drew the ire of fans during a disappointing stint last season. The crowd was on Felton all night.
J.R. Smith had 33 points and Kenyon Martin added 12 to lead New York.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App