Lil Wayne is recovering from his week-long medical scare in the luxury of an L.A. hotel. The 30-year-old rapper has been released from the hospital after suffering severe seizures.
Wayne’s publicist confirmed the good news of his release late yesterday to CNN. Mack Maine, the president of the rapper’s label, Young Money, also tweeted yesterday, “[Lil Wayne] has officially been released and is headed home . . . God is great.”
But a source clarifies to Us Weekly that Wayne (real name: Dwayne Michael Carter Jr.) headed straight to a L.A. hotel – rather than his private residence – with his crew instead following his release.
The Got Money rapper was first admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on March 12 to treat seizures. He was released the next day, but was readmitted shortly after. TMZ claimed that the situation was so dire that Wayne was being read his last rites Friday evening, but his rep denied the reports at the time, telling Us, “Wayne is doing well.”
An insider explained to Us that Wayne was hospitalised because “he drank too much sizzurp to get a better high.” (Sizzurp is a narcotic concoction of prescription-strength cough syrup, sugary sodas and hard candies.) “He needs rehab but he’s not close to death or anything,” the source explained. “He’s fine and just coming down off the high.”
Wayne has yet to tweet to his fans since being released, but wrote from his hospital bed on March 15, “I’m good everybody. Thanks for the prayers and love.”(Us Weekly)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App