It was fun and keen rivalry, with the aim of making it to the 2013 Irish Open, when the inaugural Digicel Paddy’s Pitch Hole-in-One and Stableford golf competition came off on Sunday at the Barbados Golf Club.
No player was lucky enough to register a hole-in-one but Harriett Linton defied all comers to win the nine-hole Stableford competition with 25 points.
For the attractive prize of a trip for two to the Irish Open, 60 players tried their best tee-shots from the 10th hole to the 9th green which was a distance of 165 yards over water. In the end Jukka Tehro took the waves closest to the pin prize, as he finished 6ft. 7 inches from the hole.
The event coincided with globally recognised Irish St. Patrick’s Day celebrations and following action on the course, players, friends and supporters all enjoyed a Nine&Nine party at the clubhouse.
Director of the Barbados Golf Club, Roddy Carr said: “It was our first Paddy’s Pitch event in Barbados and it was a great day, with a mix of visiting and local players. It is an event for the entire family and we are working to make it bigger and better next year.”† †† †
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App