The preservation of human rights was among the topics discussed, when Ecuador’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Integration, Ricardo Patiño, paid a courtesy call on Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Senator Maxine McClean.
During the meeting at the ministry’s Culloden Road, St. Michael, office last Monday, the Ecuadorian Foreign Affairs Minister espoused the importance of protecting human rights.
Patiño also touched on the existing bilateral relationship and noted that existing agreements between CARICOM and Latin America augured well for the deepening of ties.
In turn, McClean said the preservation of human rights was important at the hemispheric level and added: “When we talk about human rights there are several aspects so, I believe that at the hemispheric level, it is important that we share common perspectives on this issue.”
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App